Monday 6 January 2014

A Lovely Year of Finishes - January goal

There is a list are SEVERAL lists floating about in my head of ALL the things I want to get done this year but to have ONE HUGE list is kinda overwhelming, no?  So, bit by bit I will work my way through it.  Here is my January goal:

To finally-finally-finally-finally quilt this bloomin' quilt!  I think I have fallen out of love with it.  Definitely.  This quilt was pieced a couple of years ago now and it has been basted, un-basted and re-basted, two thirds stippled quilted, then un-quilted (took 4 days to un-quilt it) and then has been rolled up waiting for some sort of divine intervention to get it finished.  I think this is the month to get 'er done.  Finally...  Once and for all.

This quilt has been on ALL of my to-do lists this past year so I am sure you are sick of seeing it but here it is one last time in an unfinished state

The back:

The front:


Wish me luck!!  Linking to Fiber of All Sorts ALYOF January 2014.

A Lovely Year of Finishes

12 comments:

Izzy said...

Good luck! You'll get it done this month... Go Amy! :-)

DeborahGun said...

Go for it - I have every confidence you will finish it :-)

Turid said...

This time you'll get there. Put it on your every day list, and do a little each day. Good luck!

Charlotte said...

you can dooooo it!

memmens said...

Oh goodness well done for picking that to do - good luck!

Kelly said...

Go Amy!

Di said...

Go for it and then it will be history! Di x

MetroQuilter said...

It will be fab

Nathalie said...

You can do it!!!!!! Think of how great it will feel to get it off the list.

Canadian Abroad said...

I love someone who leaves things on their to do lists. Makes me feel like I am not alone. ;-)

Indianna said...

Think how good you will feel once it is finished.

Unknown said...

It would makegreat gift if you no longer love it!