Friday 7 December 2012

No sewing...

I'm sitting here wondering why I feel sort of strange and I suddenly realised that I haven't sat with Mr Toyota and sewn anything since last Saturday!  That is a record for me...  5 days with no sewing?  Weird.  Especially when I have a 100 Day Hustle list of 25 things to accomplish (14 left to do in the next 24 days), a 4th Quarter list with 9 things (6 remaining) and several partially completed Christmas items that NEED to get done so I can ship them to Canada!  Time is a-tickin' so I PROMISE [myself] that I will sew tomorrow night when I get in from work!

So, I will leave you with a few photos of my Wonky Log cabin blocks which are the effort of two Bee Groups that I am in {Bee Europa and FQR Kinky Bee} and are on both of my lists:

This quilt-to-be takes up the ENTIRE kitchen floor!!
I have 39 blocks (each 12.5" unfinished) and am just waiting on one person to return two more.  I will make one last block so I will have 42 blocks to sew together.  Fingers crossed that it is big enough for my king sized bed - if not then I will sew some more!!!!  I have already 'booked' it in to a long arm quilter for January so I MUST get this sewn together so I can give it to her at the next LMQG meeting at the beginning of the new year.  Nothing like a deadline to keep me motivated!

Green, grey, white and purple wonky log cabins
You still have time to enter my Sew Mama Sew Giveaway Day giveaway here.  And remember - I'm having another giveaway on Monday the 10th - so please do come back!

10 comments:

Ellie Q said...

Love the colors and the wonky look, Amy! What a great bed quilt!

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

Oh dear, sounds like it's almost a sewing emergency - must keep your sanity! Hope you fit some sewing time in soon!

The bee blocks are looking good!

evelyn said...

It is hard to work and find time to quilt too. I know. But it is doable. Just remember to ENJOY. Congrats on reaching 300 followers!

Charlotte said...

it's so lovely!!!!

Di said...

Lovely wonkiness. Be nice to Mr Toyota and spend time with him. Di x

Anonymous said...

its looking great, love the wonky logs!

MetroQuilter said...

Love the colours in this quilt.

Annabella said...

Love this!

Nathalie said...

I love the colors and wonkiness!

Quiltsmiles said...

Amy, The colors in this log cabin are luscious! Great selection.
Jane