Monday 3 December 2012

LMQG Christmas ornament exchange

The London Modern Quilt Guild meet once a month.  We normally have a challenge and Show'n'Tell and sometimes a swap.  The group is a lot of fun and there is so much sewing talent it is incredible! 

Yesterday we met up and had our Christmas ornament/tree decoration swap.  We were given the name of another guild member to 'stalk' and make an ornament for, using their inspiration mosaic as guidance.  We then revealed ourselves today when we gave our ornament to our 'secret' partner.  I was given an awesome wonky house from Colette of Colette Moscrop:


Colette also gave me the hand-printed snowflake fabric you see in the above photo which was used as the wrapping for the package.  And some chocolate fell in too - yum (how did she know I like chocolate?)!


 She did a fantastic job of stalking me and I love all the detail she added to the house.  This back side has a heart pocket which held some chocolate coins!  I love the scallop detailing at the roof!  THANK YOU Colette - I love my new home (especially the purple front door with lime green dots and button door knob!). 

The person I gave to was Charlotte and she got a Quirky bird in a mini 'Fa la la la la' drawstring bag and I wrapped up a Peanut Butter Kit Kat for her too!!


The ornaments that were made were so much fun to see!  The only criteria was that it had to have some stitching (we are a sewing group after all!).  There was so much variety in what was made too.  I managed to get a snap of most of them, plus a couple of other things people had made:


I must say I had a lot of fun sewing for my partner and I am thrilled with what I was given!  Thank you to everyone who participated.  In January, we are making Pin Cushions for a random swap.  Can't wait to see the variety in what is created!

Happy Monday everyone - and be sure to enter my giveaway later today as well!

P.S. If you are feeling festive - please go vote for my quilt in the Christmas Quilt Show.  I am #19!  All you have to do is put my number in the comments section over at Quilting Tutorials blog.  Cheers!

4 comments:

Di said...

Looks like you had a fun day and your wee house is lovely. You all managed to produce such a variety of ornaments, what talent there is in your Guild. Di x

Charlotte said...

it was such a fun swap! I love my little birdie - he is on my tree already (surrounded by felt balls!)

Kelly said...

Gutted I missed all the fun - the decorations look fab!

Colette said...

Glad you like the house, how lucky that you like chocolate eh!