Monday 23 January 2012

Fat Quarterly retreat - yay (and Mod Sampler)

Happy Monday!  As a Monday treat to myself, I decided to finally purchase my 'weekend pass' for the Fat Quarterly retreat here in London UK.  Yayy for me!  June 2-3, 2012 here I come!  I first heard about it through the girls of the newly formed Modern Quilt Guild when we all met for the first time two weekends ago - so I looked into it and it sounds like a BLAST!  Can't wait for June...
In the meantime while I wait for the sunshine (or will it be rain?) and for the month of June to slowly arrive, I have finished cutting all the peices for the Mod Sampler Quilt [Oh, Fransson! quilt-along] and have started stitching it all together.  So far so good.  Need to be convinced on one of my fabric colour choices (and perhaps the quality) and just HOPE it looks ok when it is all pieced together.  I didn't pre-wash any of these fabrics so I also HOPE none of them run the first time I wash it.  Guess I will have to use a 'colour catcher' and cross my fingers.

Anyways, happy crafting!
Mod Sampler Quilt [Oh, Fransson!] pieces prepped and ready to sew.
All stacked up - pieces on 6 cards each with 6 sections to help make piecing easier.

No comments: